dimanche 6 avril 2014

Getting Started

Hi there everyone,

I've been thinking about creating a game for a while and since I completly suck at programming, I thought RPG Maker would be the way to go. I was trying to create something original, but that's kina hard since there are so many stuff out there already so, I finally decided to come back to my first idea and "tweak" it a bit. But before I tell you more about the game, there are some things I'd like you to consider.

1. As I said, i know nothing about programming so I won't create any script, I'll use those i've found here and there.

2. English isn't my primary language so, there WILL be some (if not many) grammatical mistakes, and I won't use any fancy language. I'll do my best, but don't expect it to be perfect. Feel free to point out any mistakes I've made, there will be many.

3. I'm a crappy artist and can't draw for s**t. I'll just use some images from other games or other artist (and give credit where it's due) but I WON'T draw my own art. I'm going to modify some existing images and all but that's it. If you want to draw some or send my yours you're welcome to do so.

4. The game is FAR from being completed. In fact, there's pretty much nothing done yet. I'm working on the game for about 2 or 3 hours a day for now, I have a job and i'm studying too so... more than that is pretty much impossible.

5. Some of the map are pretty crappy right now but i'll work more on them when I'll get to that part of the game. Although mapping isn't my strong suit. Don't expect miracles.

Now, here's what to expect from the game.

Story :

You play Dominique, a 17yo girl who live with her mother and 3 sisters. All men in the village left for war about a year ago and the women are getting lonely. One day, she meets a succubus who says she wants to help the village. How ? By turning young Dominique into a guy which goal is to satisfy the women in town. Dominic will then get 50 days to please as many women as he can.

Game Mecanics :

- The game will be splited in 50 days, all of them separated in 4 time frames (Morning, afternoon, evening and Night)
- There are 4 actions you can choose from for every 200 time frames :

1. Sleep : You won't do anything and just skip this time frame

2. Walk around town : As it says, you walk through town. This is how you'll find portals to open dungeons, speak with women, get some quests pretty much everything to increase their opinion of you. This is also where you will attend lessons which might increase your stats (by going to school) and gain some EXP.

3. Visit Dungeons : This is where you'll wander through dungeons, there are more than 15 types of dungeons (caves, plains, mountains, mansions, ruins, castles, tec.), set in 5 different eras in history. Prehistoric, Medieval, Renaissance, Modern and Futuristic. There are between 5 and 9 of every types of dungeons increasing in difficulty as you progress. NOTE : the difficulty only increase for the type of dungeon you just did, not all of them. Which means if you cleared 5 "caves" dungeons, Plains dungeons will still be easy. Sometimes tho, there are huge gaps between 2 dungeons of the same type which means you'll have to alternate through various types. There are 4 types of dungeons that can be unlocked from the beginning, others requires you do some special stuff, and some are just hidden, up to you to find them all.

4. Events : Depending on what you do, there will be some special events hapenning in town, If this is the case, there will be a warning before you get the chance to choose what to do.

Game Content :

There's not much done right now, according to what i'm planning to do anyway, but here's what I think the game will looks like once done :

Red text means it's already finished, tho I might polish it later

Women in town : more than 20
H-Scenes :  At least one per girl, Also some with girls in your dungeon's party and some female bosses monsters too
Dungeons : over 100
Special Events : not sure yet
Character classes : 3, Warrior, Thief, Mage
Fetishes : loli, incest, interracial, interspicies, masturbation, voyeurism (no rape, toilet, torture or pain)... there might me other but none comes to my mind now

Any comments and suggestions are welcome. If you want to help with the project, you can offer, any help would be welcome since this is a pretty huge project.

Here's some screenshots, if you want to get a better idea :

Here's what will become the city Map once i find the patience to complete it


Here's what the conversations look like :



Here's the menu screen :


Here's the moment where you choose your class :


This is what the portal world looks like :



This is where you can monitor your progress through one type of dungeon


A screenshot of the first "Plain" type dungeon


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire